The Au Pair Standard program combines dedicated au pair childcare and cultural exchange for toddlers (2+) and school-aged children.
Your child benefits from personal, one-on-one care provided by a dedicated live-in care giver. Your au pair understands your child’s personality, habits and daily routines, and is therefore able to provide the highest level of care to meet the needs of your child and family.
The personal attention provided by an au pair can help children of any age advance academically. Au Pair Standard caregivers are well-educated and offer your child a new cultural perspective. As a result, our au pairs are committed to providing valuable learning and an enriching educational environment.
Au pairs lend their expertise in the following areas:
Supervising and playing with children through focused, one-on-one interaction.
Providing valuable assistance with homework and school projects.
Managing your child’s schedule, including complex school calendars, project/homework deadlines, extracurricular activities, play dates and more.
Facilitating creative development and learning through art projects and interactive games.
Driving children to school, appointments and extracurricular activities.
Assisting with household work such as laundry and the supervision of children’s chores.
What Our Host Parents Say
- Mornings were stressful for us. Between getting the kids and myself ready and driving them to school and daycare, I was exhausted before I got to work. After work, I was trying to combine making dinner and assisting with homework. It was a rush all day long. Once we began the au pair program, all that has changed and life has finally settled down.
- – Georgina Hansson, host mom VA
- About a year before starting Kindergarten, Adam was just burned out at day care and the repeat activities they offered. We were afraid that it would affect his interest in learning when he started school. It was a true relief to get an au pair who could do fun and educational activities with him while also assisting with our second grader.
- - Laurie mom of two active boys (5 and 7)
- I feel like a human being again.
- Michelle, mom of two girls (7 and 10 years old), Southern California (On the advantages of having an au pair)